BNX 1536TM LIQUID HANDLING SYSTEM
Benchtop Microplate Dispenser and Washer in One Small Footprint
Combined dispenser and washer
The BNX 1536 liquid handling system provides both precise dispensing and thorough microplate washing in a single instrument.
The small footprint houses a built-in vacuum and air pressure pump; no external pumps are needed.
Four independent dispense channels
Each of the four reservoir bottles has its own fluid path to individual dispense heads, allowing four different fluids to be dispensed into a single microplate. A single aspiration head allows fast and efficient liquid removal from microplate wells for plate washing applications. The intuitive software provides a high degree of control over operating parameters, allowing rapid processing of robust assays and gentle processing of cell based assays.
The system is robot compatible, with a robot-friendly plate carriage and accessible RS-232 COM port.
With its Windows compatible, drag-and-drop software, the BNX 1536 provides a high degree of control over process parameters.
Column selection offers the choice of dispensing only a few columns, or a complete plate.
For optimal dispense accuracy, the software allows fine tuning the dispense volume using the Liquid Factor tool.
Dispense pressure can be lowered for a gentler dispense when using loosely adherent cells or weakly bound antibodies. Aspiration controls allow the probe height, probe offset, aspiration rate and aspiration time to be set for lowest residual volume or gentlest processing.
Key Features and Benefits
- Configurable for 96-1536-well plates
- Minimum dispense volume of 0.5 uL
- Fast! Dispenses 384 wells in 8 seconds, 1536 wells in 15 seconds
- Built in magnetic stirrer for uniform cell dispensing
- Dispense accuracy:
- +/-50 nL at 1 uL (2 uL for 96-well)
- Dispensing Range:
- 96-well format: 2.0-500 uL
- 384-well format: 0.5-140 uL
- 1536-well format: 0.5-18 uL
- Dimensions: 15″ H x 12.6″ W x 24″ D
- Weight (shipping): 51 pounds
- Power source: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2 A
- Dispense/aspirate probes: Stainless steel 304
- Dispense manifold: PET (polyethylene terephthalate)
- Dispense head: PEEK (polyether ether ketone)
- Aspirate head: Aluminum
- Reservoir bottles: Polypropylene
- Fluid contact tubing: Silicone
- PC requirements:
- Windows XP, Windows 7
- 154 MB HD free space
- 96 MB RAM (256 MB for servers)
- Interface connections: RS-232