BumbleBeeTM SAMPLE HANDLER
Speed and Flexibility in All Dimensions
The BumbleBee is an innovative sample handler designed to excel at the most complex sample transfer applications.
Primarily designed to be integrated with BioNex Solution’s Hive Automation Platform, the BumbleBee’s patented independent channels and rotating sample translators enable fast, simultaneous picking-from and placing-into any location on the sample deck.
The BumbleBee can be configured with one to sixteen independent channels and multiple rotating sample translators, depending on the level of throughput required. For example, transfer of liquid samples from a source plate to a destination plate, any well to any well, can be continuously sustained with transfer rates as low as 3 seconds/sample.
Source and destination plates can be changed on the fly during pipetting. This facilitates unheard of performance in hit picking or cherry picking samples in plate based applications.
96 and 384 Channel
Key Features and Benefits
- Fully independent channel and plate movement for speed and flexibility in all dimensions
- BioNex Synapsis software optimizes workflow for optimal throughput
- Customizable deck for sample handling applications(shakers, stirrers, magnetic bead adapters)
- Compatible with 96, 384, 1536 ANSI/SBS plates, tube racks and consumables
- DNA purification and sequencing
- Adaptable to non ANSI formats
- Volume range 0.5-700 uL with <5% CV, disposable tips
- Disposable or fixed tips, tip shucking and washing
- Exchange source and destination plates while pipetting
- Failure tolerant, independent pipetting channels
- Unique channel identification and cycle monitoring
- Snap on and off ( <60 seconds) pipette/syringe modules
- Software adaptive error recovery